UT vs. Alabama
Tennessee's head coach Jeremy Pruitt calls to his players during the Tennessee and Alabama football game at Bryant-Denny Stadium on Saturday, Oct.19, 2019.

Tennessee enters the early signing period with the nation's 20th and the SEC's 8th ranked class. Tennessee enters the three day early signing period with 17 commits expecting to sign including bluechip recruits Omari Thomas and Harrison Bailey.

Tennessee could be a team looking to make a big signing day jump in the rankings as 4-star targets Len'Neth Whithead, Tyler Baron and Morven Joseph are all expected to make their college decisions Wednesday.

Follow a long for an updated look at Tennessee's 2020 signing class.

Tennessee Official Signees as of 4:27 pm

Doneiko Slaughter, Safety

247sports: 3-star

Rivals: 4-star

ESPN: 3-star

Slaughter, the nation’s 669thranked player on the 247sports composite, flipped his commitment from Arizona State to Tennessee last weekend on his official visit to Knoxville. The Roswell, Georgia native ranks out as the 50thbest safety in the nation and replaced Mordecai McDaniel after the Maryland safety flipped his commitment from Tennessee to Florida last week.

Len’Neth Whitehead, Athlete

247sports: 4-star

Rivals: 3-star

ESPN: 4-star

Tennessee landed Whitehead today after a long back-and-forth recruitment. The Athens, Georgia athlete is the 181stranked player in the 247sports composite and 21stranked player in the state of Georgia. Whitehead plans to start his career in Knoxville at running back but he could also play inside linebacker. Tennessee earned Whitehead’s signature over South Carolina and UCLA.

Omari Thomas, Defensive tackle

247 sports: 4-star

Rivals: 4-star

ESPN: 4-star

One of the highest rated signees in Tennessee’s class committed to the Vols on December 9thafter a long recruitment that saw the Vols edge out Texas A&M and Auburn. Thomas ranks out as the 105thand 10thranked defensive tackle in the 247sports composite. The Memphis, Tennessee native could see early playing time next season for the Vols and ranks as the state’s 4thbest player.

Jimmy Holiday, Quarterback 

247sports: 3-star

Rivals: 3-star

ESPN: 3-star

Tennessee’s second quarterback commit in the 2020 class flipped his commitment from TCU to Tennessee on signing day. Holiday ranks as the 789thplayer nationally in the 247sports composite. The Madison, Mississippi native is a dynamic athlete and while he will start his career in Knoxville at quarterback, Holiday could easily play receiver or defensive back in his career at Tennessee.

Keshawn Lawrence, Safety

247sports: 4-star

Rivals: 4-star

ESPN: 4-star

Lawrence was one of the most prized recruits of Jeremy Pruitt’s third recruiting class in Knoxville. The Ensworth School standout is the 66th ranked player in the 247sports composite and the top ranked player in the state of Tennessee. Lawrence committed to the Vols in June over Miami, but Tennessee had to hold off pushes from South Carolina and Auburn this fall. The Nashville native is listed as a safety but could play safety or corner in college.

Jabari Small, Running back

247sports: 3-star

Rivals: 3-star

ESPN: 3-star

The Memphis, Tennessee native ranks out as the 635thplayer in the nation and 19thplayer in the state of Tennessee in the 247sports composite. The all-purpose back spent most of his recruitment committed to Ole Miss, but renewed interest by Tennessee allowed the Vols to flip Small on December 10th. Small attends Briarcrest Christian and is teammates with Tennessee signee Omari Thomas.

James Robinson, Offensive Guard

247sports: 3-star

Rivals: 3-star

ESPN: 3-star

Robinson, a 6-foot-3, 323-pound offensive guard, committed to Tennessee on August 1st. The Vols would have to fight hard to hold on to the Montgomery, Alabama native as Mississippi State pushed hard to flip the big lineman. Robinson is the 734thranked player in the 247sports composite and the 44thranked offensive guard. 

Will Albright, Long Snapper

247sports: 2-star

Rivals: 2-star

ESPN: 2-star

The Vols lone 2-star in the 2020 class comes from Albright, a long snapper from Greeneville, Tennessee. Albright has been committed to the Vols since June of 2018 and is an Army All-American.

Tee Hodge, Running Back

247sports: 3-star

Rivals: 3-star

ESPN: 3-star

The local standout helped lead Maryville High School to the Tennessee 6A state championship in his senior season. Hodge is the 844thranked player in the 247sports composite and the 58thranked running back. Hodge also held offers from Penn State, Virginia Tech and Kentucky. Hodge is the nephew of former Alcoa High School and Kentucky star Randall Cobb.

Reginald Perry, Defensive Tackle

247sports: 3-star

Rivals: 3-star

ESPN: 3-star

Tennessee landed the Yellow Hammer state prospect on signing day earning his signature over Georgia Tech and Kentucky. Perry ranks as the 729thbest player and 60thdefensive tackle in the 247sports composite. Perry brings a massive, 6-foot-6, 297-pound frame to Knoxville and will likely be more of a project than an instant impact signee.

Dominic Bailey, Defensive Tackle

247sports: 4-star

Rivals: 4-star

ESPN: 4-star

Bailey was one of Tennessee’s first commits of the class, committing to the Vols on an unofficial visit in February. The defensive tackle ranks as the 212thrated player in the 247sports composite. The Baltimore native ranks out as the 10thbest defensive tackle in the nation.

Bryson Eason, Inside Linebacker

247sports: 4-star

Rivals: 4-star

ESPN: 3-star 

Eason, one of three Tennessee signees from Memphis’ Whitehaven High School, is the 316thranked player according to the 247sports composite. The inside linebacker could see early playing time in Knoxville due to the Vols lack of depth at linebacker heading into the 2020 season. Eason ranks as the 10thbest player in the state of Tennessee.

Martavius French, Inside Linebacker

247sports: 3-star

Rivals: 4-star

ESPN: 3-star 

The 6-foot-2, 240-pound inside linebacker is the 332ndranked player and a 4-star in the 247sports composited ranking. The Whitehaven High School standout flipped his commitment from Arkansas to Tennessee in October and with an already strong build French could help provide depth and push for early playing time next season at inside linebacker. The Memphis native is the 10thranked prospect in the state of Tennessee.

Tamarian McDonald, Outside Linebacker

247sports: 3-star

Rivals: 4-star

ESPN: 3-star

McDonald spent most of the 2020 cycle committed to Mississippi State, but when Tennessee put the full court press and his two other Whitehaven High School teammates the Vols landed the outside linebacker. The Memphis native ranks as the 580thplayer in the 247sports composite and the 17thplayer in the state of Tennessee. 

Harrison Bailey, Quarterback

247sports: 4-star

Rivals: 4-star

ESPN: 4-star

Tennessee’s top quarterback commit was one of the Vols’ first commits of the 2020 class when he made his pledge to Jeremy Pruitt in December of 2018. Bailey ranks as the nation’s 124thplayer in the 247sports composite and the 4thrated pro-style quarterback. The Marietta, Georgia native helped lead Marietta High School to its first state championship in his senior year.

Jalin Hyatt, Wide Receiver

247sports: 4-star

Rivals: 4-star

ESPN: 4-star

Hyatt had a huge senior season at South Carolina’s Dutch Fork High School leading them to a state championship. The six-foot receiver is the 321strated recruit and 5thrated player in South Carolina in the 247sports composite. Hyatt committed to Tennessee in July after decommitting from Virginia Tech.

Jimmy Calloway, Wide Receiver

247sports: 4-star

Rivals: 4-star

ESPN: 3-star

Calloway is the 250thranked player and 8thranked athlete in the 247sports composite rankings. The Morrow, Georgia native committed to Tennessee in April, but the Vols had to fight to the end to earn his signature. Calloway took official visits to Virginia Tech and Kentucky this fall with Kentucky long being rumored as a candidate to flip Calloway. Calloway plans to play receiver at Tennessee.

Tyler Baron, Defensive End

247sports: 4-star

Rivals: 4-star

ESPN: 4-star

The Knoxville Catholic standout made his long-awaited decision today signing with the Vols over Kentucky and Ohio State. Baron is the 112thranked player and fifth ranked strong-side defensive end in the 247sports composite. Baron transferred for Ensworth High School to Knoxville Catholic in the middle of his junior year and had a strong senior season with the Irish. Baron’s father, Patrick Abernathy, is on the coaching staff at Tennessee. 

Cooper Mays, Center

247sports: 4-star

Rivals: 4-star

ESPN: 4-star

It was just two years ago when Jeremy Pruitt was unable to convince Tennessee legacy and 5-star offensive tackle Cade Mays to help rebuild the Vols program. It caused ripples in Vol Nation when the elder Mays signed with rival Georgia instead of his dad’s school. Pruitt and company wouldn’t miss out on the little brother as Cooper committed to Tennessee back in June. Mays ranks as the 317thplayer in the 247sports composite and the Knoxville Catholic standout is expected to play center at Tennessee.

Javontez Spraggins, Offensive Guard

247sports: 3-star

Rivals: 3-star

ESPN: 3-star 

The 6-foot-3, 338-pound offensive guard camped with Tennessee in June earning his first major offer from the Vols. Spraggins didn’t take long to jump on board committing on the spot to the Vols. The St. Louis native received more offers, but never wavered on his commitment to Tennessee before inking with the Vols Wednesday. Spraggins ranks as the 663rdplayer in the 247sports composite.

Morven Joseph, Outside Linebacker

247sports: 3-star

Rivals: 4-star

ESPN: 4-star

Tennessee went into the heart of Florida and earned the signature from Lakeland, Florida native over Florida and Florida State. Joseph is the 352ndranked player in the 247sports composite. Joseph was committed to Florida State before Willie Taggart was fired, but Tennessee had to overcome Joseph visiting the Tallahassee the weekend before the early signing period.