The Vols vs. Kentucky
Head Coach Jeremy Pruitt stands in front of his defensive team while facing the Kentucky Wildcats away in Lexington, Kentucky on Saturday, November 9, 2019 at Kroger Field.

The highest ranked, uncommitted, prospect in the state of Tennessee committed to Tennessee Monday morning as Omari Thomas picked the Vols over Auburn and Texas A&M.

The Briarcrest Christian defensive tackle announced his commitment to Tennessee Monday morning at his Army All-American jersey presentation. 

Tennessee had long been considered one of the favorites for the nation's 104th ranked player, according to the 247 composite, but things got a little hairy after Thomas officially visited Auburn just over a week prior to his scheduled commitment.

Thomas, the nation's eighth ranked defensive tackle, becomes the Vols' 19th commit and second highest rated commit, just shy of Keshawn Lawrence.

The commitment of the talented defensive lineman gives Tennessee the 18th ranked class in the nation just over a week before the early signing period.

Thomas joins Maryland native Dominic Bailey as the only defensive lineman committed, but Tennessee appears to sit in solid position for priority defensive lineman Tyler Baron and Octavious Oxen dine