With the fall season quickly approaching, two Tennessee women’s players and three men’s tennis players have already been named to the ITA national preseason rankings.

For the first time since 2012, a Tennessee women’s doubles team has been asked to compete in main draw doubles. Junior Ariadna Riley and sophomore Kaitlin Staines stand at No. 18 in the preseason rankings.

The experienced duo is set to open the season at the 2018 Riviera ITA Women’s All-American Championships in early October. The tournament will take place from Oct. 4-7 in Pacific Palisades, California.

As a pair last season, Riley and Staines finished 15-4 and ranked No. 36 in ITA doubles rankings.

The Lady Vols went 18-12 last season and are looking to build off of that momentum with standout players like Riley, Staines, Gabby Shuck and Sadie Hammond, all of whom will compete in pre-qualifying singles.

Last season Shuck finished 23-11 in singles, and was on the 2017 SEC Honor Roll. Hammond, now a senior, has boasted many awards, most recently the 2018 SEC Community Service Team.

With just one freshman on the team, Kylie Duckworth, the women’s team will use their experience this season. Duckworth will be a sure addition coming in as the No. 69 player in the country and the No. 8 player in the state of Georgia as a senior in high school.

On the men’s side, senior Timo Stodder jumped from finishing last season at No. 14 to No. 6 this fall. Stodder is the highest ranked player for men’s singles at Tennessee since Mikelis Libietis’ No. 1 in the 2013-14 season. Last year, Stodder reached the NCAA Quarterfinals after finishing the season with a 32-14 record.

Alongside Stodder, Preston Touliatos will be on the No. 31 doubles team. Touliatos was a 2018 All-American last spring for the first time in his career. He started the season with seven consecutive seasons and finished last season as the No. 12 doubles team with Luis Valero.

Adam Walton, a sophomore from Australia, is ranked at No. 82 for singles, which is the highest he has ever been ranked. As a freshman he scored three straight ranked wins and played at No. 1 doubles for each match of the spring season.

With the help of Stodder, Touliatos and Walton, the men’s team recorded a 21-9 season last year.

Before the ITA All-American Championship starts, the men’s team has Alabama and South Carolina on the calendar, both of whom the Vols beat last season 4-2 and 5-2 respectively.