Baseball vs. Ole Miss

#1, Alerick Soularie, after hitting the ball during the game against Ole Miss on Thursday, May 16, 2019.

The Tennessee baseball team announced its fall schedule Thursday as the Vols will face off against a pair of opponents while also hosting the Orange and White Fall World Series.

The Vols will host Clemson on Saturday, September 28 at Lindsey Nelson Stadium. The two squads are scheduled for an 18-inning scrimmage on the Tennessee football off date.

The Tigers are coming off a 2019 season that saw them go 35-26 and earning a trip to the Oxford Regional in the NCAA Tournament going 1-2.

First pitch for the scrimmage is set for 12:30 p.m.

Tennessee will travel to the mid-state on October 20th to face off against Xavier. The location and start time have not been announced.

The Musketeers went 27-31 (12-4) in 2019, failing to make the NCAA Tournament. The 12-4 conference mark gave Xavier a co-share of the Big East regular season championship, but losses in the conference tournament to St. Johns and Creighton ended the Musketeers season.

Tennessee’s fall season will conclude the last week of October with the Orange and White Fall World Series. Admission to the intra-squad scrimmage is free and seating is open. Normal concession stands will not be open.

Tennessee is coming off its best season in over a decade as the Vols returned to the SEC and NCAA Tournaments in head coach Tony Vitello’s second season in Knoxville. Expectations are high for the 2020 team that returns key players, including Al Soularie, Garrett Crochet, Luc Lipcius, and Redmond Walsh.