Cruze Farm

Cruze farms is a family friendly ice cream shop specializing in soft serve and milkshakes. 

Knoxville’s July can be a source of constant entertainment with friends and family, starting with big Fourth of July celebrations.

Fourth of July activities

One of the earliest July events will quite literally start this summer month off with a bang as Knoxville gets into Independence Day festivities.

-Pilot Fireball Moonlight Classic 5k and Kids Run: Start your Fourth of July celebrations a day early with a 5k on UT’s campus. Starting at 8 p.m. at the Vet School, families and individuals can enjoy an out and back run on Neyland Drive.

-Town of Farragut Independence Day Parade: Starting at 9:30 a.m, start your activities off early with a parade held at Farragut High School, free of cost.

-Festival on the 4th: Head over to World’s Fair Park from 4 to 10 p.m. with family and friends. The festival begins with a variety of activities such as miniature golf and entertainment with live music. Festival goers can also expect good food and constant fun, free of cost. The night ends with fireworks starting at 9:35 p.m.

-Fourth of July Fireworks Cruise: Sail off from Volunteer Princess Luxury Yacht to enjoy fireworks from the water, a 4 hour cruise, live DJ and four-course dinner. The boarding time is 6:00 p.m. and the boarding cost is $74.95 for adults and $39.95 for children.

Music

-Manchester Orchestra: One of Knoxville’s biggest concerts of July comes with the arrival of Atlanta indie rock band, Manchester Orchestra to the Mill and Mine. The band will play on Thursday, July 25th at 8 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m. and tickets are $25.

-Record Shopping: For those who are music fanatics, going record shopping and finding your favorite artists and bands on Vinyl can be similar to a Christmas morning. A few of Knoxville’s record stores include: Magnolia Records, Wild Honey Records and Lost and Found Records.

Make exercise more enjoyable with summer activities

-Hiking: With the Great Smoky Mountains a day drive away and hiking trails right in Knoxville, going hiking can always be an enjoyable activity. Some of Knoxville’s best hiking trails include: Ijams River Trail, Imerys Trail, Tharp Trace and the South Loop.

-Fun Group Runs: The Bearden Beer Market Fun Run is open to all levels of runners and walkers every Monday at Bearden Beer Market. Start time is 6:30 p.m. and runners can enjoy $1 of all pints when they get back from their runs. Other groups include Knoxville Track Club’s group run at Balter Beerworks Monday’s at 6 p.m, as well as Old City Running Club, Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. at Merchants of Beer.

-SUP Yoga at the Cove: Beginning at 6:30 p.m. on Thursdays and 9 a.m. on Sundays, attendees can enjoy some yoga on their stand up paddleboards (SUP) on the waters of the Cove at Concord Park. All classes are led by a certified yoga instructor.

Start game day shopping early

Is it ever too early to think about football Saturdays in the South and game day outfits? Many UT fans in Knoxville and across the country know exactly how many days there are until kickoff in Neyland Stadium.

Get a head start on the 2019 football season by treating yourself to some new game day apparel. Blend in to the sea of orange as Coach Pruitt leads the Vols through the “T” or stand out with some old school, vintage style.

-Alumni Hall: Visit one of Knoxville’s Alumni Hall locations to shop for classic UT gear like hats, jerseys and t-shirts. HoundDogs of Knoxville is another store that provides a similar variety of gear.

-In With the Old: Baker Donahue, a former UT student, started this online shop from his dorm room, wanting to provide UT students and fans with more unique and retro clothing options. Head over to nwiththeold.com or “nwiththeold” on Instagram to “shop for the latest in retro college fashion” and for pieces that will make you stand out in Neyland’s crowds.

Beat the heat with sweet treats

A classic summer activity is heading over to local ice cream shops and snow cone locations with friends and family. Cool down from Knoxville’s heat and bond with friends at any of these places.

-Cruze Farm Ice Cream: Located on Gay Street, this ice cream shop is a Knoxville favorite with lines out the door. See what the buzz is all about with this home atmosphere.

-Phoenix Pharmacy and Kilwins: Located right near Cruze Farm and on Gay Street as well are these two shops that are sure to cure your sweet tooth. Transport into an old school ice cream shop with the Phoenix Pharmacy or head over to Kilwins for some classic served ice cream.

-Pelican’s SnoBalls: Located on Kingston Pike is Pelican’s SnoBalls. This location is a snow cone chain with New Orleans style shaved ice and a variety of over 100 flavors to choose from.