Rainy weather

CMA Fest officially begins Thursday, but it looks like country fans will be singing in the rain, with a chance it could be pouring all four days of the event.

The Weather Channel’s 10 day forecast shows a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms Thursday, with a 90% of thunderstorms Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

The CMA Fest Foundation set out a notification on their app letting fans know the forecast and what they could expect during the festival.

“Rain and potentially severe weather is forecasted throughout CMA Fest this year,” the message said. “Shows will continue with rain, however lightning can result in schedule delays and changes. CMA Fest works closely with the City of Nashville personnel to ensure that we are up-to-date on dangerous weather.”

Where to seek shelter

In the case that there is severe weather, CMA Fest has designated daytime shelters at the Bridgestone Arena from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., the Music City Center from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., the Music City Center Parking Garage and the Hilton Hotel Underground Parking Garage.

“If you are unable to get to one of these shelters, proceed to the nearest business for cover,” the message said.

In addition, during the night performances at Nissan Stadium, the show will continue unless the weather becomes too severe in which case fans will be instructed to seek shelter or evacuate as directed by an emergency announcement.

If fans are listening to the performances at the Ascend Amphitheater, the venue will communicate evacuation instructions as needed.

To also ensure everyone’s protection, the John Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge will close if the weather is severe.

Rocking the rain gear

While umbrellas fall under the list of objects that can obstruct another patron’s view and thus is on the list of prohibited items, fans can still keep dry with other rain gear necessities.

Switch out the cowboy boots for a pair of rainboots and sport a rain jacket to help keep yourself dry during the rain. If you happen to have a rain poncho at home, bring it along with you to wear as you walk between attractions or are rocking at one of the outdoor stages.

If you don’t own a rain poncho, CMA Fest said in their message that ponchos will be available to purchase at merchandise stands throughout the festivals while supplies last.

If you plan on carrying one of the clear bags that are allowed, stow a towel on the top to keep items below dry and so that you can use the towel to dry off a little if you duck into a shelter, restaurant or shop.

Singing in the rain

While rain may not be the ideal situation for an outdoor festival, the shows will still go on and fans can still enjoy signing to their favorite artists at the different stages. However, be mindful of any changes that may occur if the weather turns dark.

Fans can stay updated through the CMA Fest app which will continue throughout the four days post updates on the shows as needed. Simply click on the CMA Fest app, click on the menu button in the top left corner and press the bell icon on the right side between the settings and search icons.

As it is with Tennessee weather, the storms could pass quickly or simply become a sprinkle, so look for the positives by letting your inner kid out again. Take a moment to splash in puddles and let the droplets run down your face while you sing.