The Lone Bellow

The Lone Bellow is an American alternative country and indie folk band from Brooklyn, New York. They will play Wednesday, April 3, 8 p.m. at the Bijou Theatre

With popular venues like the Mill & Mine, Bijou Theatre, Tennessee Theatre and the Knoxville Civic Coliseum, Knoxville is a tour stop destination for many well-known musical artists and bands. For those with a concert craze, April is most definitely a month to look out for as some big names will be calling Knoxville their home sweet home for the night.

The Head and the Heart

Tuesday, April 16, 8 p.m. at the Bijou Theatre

Formed in Seattle, The Head and the Heart is an indie folk band that started when songwriters Jonathan Russell and Josiah Johnson met in Seattle at an open-mic event. The band also consists of five other musicians. With the release of their first album in 2011, “The Head and the Heart,” which includes some of their most well-known songs in “Rivers and Roads” and “Lost in My Mind,” the band took off in the Pacific Northwest. As they continued touring, writing and releasing albums, they eventually landed with Warner Bros. and have never quite looked back since. Their last album release was their successful “Signs of Light” with their latest single release in March of this year.

San Holo

Wednesday, April 17, 8 p.m. at the Mill and Mine

San Holo is a Dutch DJ, musician and record producer from the Netherlands. His rise to the spotlight began when he gained recognition internationally for his remix of Dr. Dre’s “The Next Episode.” Incorporating many EDM genres, San Holo feels as if this gives him more creativity and freedom as a single artist. Through Heroic Recordings, San Holo released his debut EP in 2014, “Cosmos.” As he continued to partner with labels, he felt a loss of creative freedom before he started to launch his own label. His most popular single, “Light,” was released in 2017.

Judah and the Lion

Wednesday, April 17, 8 p.m. at the Bijou Theatre

Knoxville is not a new city to Judah and the Lion as it has been a destination on many of their tours in the past. The folk-pop trio based in Nashville consists of Judah Akers, Brian MacDonald and Nate Zuercher. As their first EP set them up with the Christian music genre, they moved into the secular and pop field with their EP “Sweet Tennessee.” This EP started their success as they were launched onto the Top 20 of the Billboard bluegrass and folk charts. Success has continued for the band as the years have passed, making music that ranges from hip-hop to indie rock and folk. Their most popular songs are “Take It All Back 2.0” and “Suit and Jacket.”

Moon Taxi

Friday, April 19, 8 p.m. at the Mill and Mine

Moon Taxi is an American indie-alternative rock band. The band was founded by a group of Belmont University students in 2006 and they are still based in Nashville. Making appearances at Coachella, Hangout, Beale Street and Firefly music festival, Moon Taxi has become a big name over the years. Their rise to popularity stemmed from the release of their 2013 album, “Mountains Beaches Cities” and especially in the song “Morocco.” Their 2018 release of their album “Let The Record Play” and the song “Two High” have taken them even farther up in the music realm.

Kelsea Ballerini

Thursday, April 8, 7 p.m. at the Knoxville Civic Coliseum

A Knoxville girl herself, Kelsea Ballerini will be taking her tour back to her home roots on April 8 to showcase her talent as a country-pop singer and songwriter. Ballerini left Knoxville and moved to Nashville at the age of 15 to pursue her dreams of making it to the big stage. At age 19, Ballerini signed a publishing deal with Black River Publishing and recording deal with Black River Entertainment. Her debut single, “Love Me Like You Mean It,” took her to number five on the Billboard country single charts in 2014 and started her fame. Ballerini’s fame has only continued and some of her most popular songs are found in “Peter Pan” and “This Feeling.”

The Lone Bellow

Wednesday, April 3, 8 p.m. at the Bijou Theatre

The Lone Bellow is an American alternative country and indie folk band from Brooklyn, New York. Members include lead vocalist Zach Williams, Kanene Donehey Pipkin and Brian Elmquist. The band grew their name and popularity with their 2013 debut album, “The Lone Bellow.” As fans began to love their harmonies and live performances, their success grew as they released their 2015 album, “Then Came the Morning” and 2017 album “Walk into a Storm.” The band has appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live, CBS This Morning, The Late Late Show with James Corden and more. Their most well-known songs are in their releases “Green Eyes and a Heart of Gold” and “Time’s Always Leaving.”