A Knoxville fan favorite returned to their favorite spot the Mill and Mine to perform two nights in a row.

The night began with their opener “The Revelries.” They kept the crowd alive for the first hour and set the mood right for Moon Taxi. The crowd, of course, did not give them their all, or even an equivalent of the amount of energy that they saved for their beloved band.

Moon Taxi is a group of four founded in Tennessee at Belmont University. Over the years, they have been faithful to their fanbase located in Knoxville. The band brought their fans into their favorite spot on Valentines Day and again on Feb. 15.

The back-to-back dates in their beloved city showed how much love there is between the band and their fans. It is so significant that the band continually performs in Knoxville because most bands send their Knoxville fans to Nashville or Atlanta to see their performances.

Moon Taxi makes it so convenient for the fans to see them perform, and it is very clearly appreciated by their extremely loyal fan base. Many people in the venue said that it was not their first time coming to see the band. There was a very diverse crowd of people of ages, and all came to the concert because everyone had a mutual love of the band.

Repeatedly throughout the show, the band thanked all of their fans as most performers do, but then something special happened. They called Knoxville home. It made everyone in the room feel special because only member is actually from Knoxville, and the band is actually based in Nashville. It was all the more special as they have made several songs with lyrics alluding to and directly talking about Knoxville.

They played hits from previous albums such as ‘Mountains Beaches Cities,’ ‘Daybreaker,’ ‘Cabaret’ and their newest album ‘Let the Record Play,’ in addition to their newest singles ‘Restless,’ ‘Now’s the time’ and ‘This Word’.

With beautiful stage lighting, lyric videos and energy for the band, they had the crowd dancing and singing and dancing all night long.

The best part of the night hands down was in between the main show was when the drummer Tyler Ritter did an amazing drum solo to Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ and the crowd went wild.

The night ended with two songs, the last one of which was the #1 fan favorite ‘Two High.’ Afterward, the band gave all their love once again and left. It was a shorter concert as they only performed for a little under two hours, but they gave the performance their all and the crowd could tell.