CMA Fest: Brett Young

Brett Young performs at Nissan Stadium during night three of CMA Fest in Nashville on Saturday, June 8, 2019. 

Country music rising star Brett Young will be kicking off his 30 city “THE CHAPTERS TOUR” at the Knoxville Civic Auditorium and Coliseum on Jan. 30th at 8 p.m. Multiple tour dates have already sold out, such as the New York City show and the Edmonton, Canada show. According to a Green Room press release, some venues, such as Nashville’s Brown Country Music Center, have added shows.

“THE CHAPTERS TOUR” follows and celebrates Young’s life journey from baseball star to country star.

Young, who played collegiate baseball for Ole Miss, Irvine Valley and Fresno after turning down draft selection from the Minnesota Twins and the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, suffered a career-ending elbow injury which led him to his eventual music career.

This tour directly follows Young’s successes with his sophomore release, “TICKET TO L.A,” which debuted high on the Billboard Country Albums chart, as well as his self-titled debut EP, which was on the Country Albums chart for 37 weeks. Young also has had five singles reach platinum status, those being “In Case You Didn’t Know,” “Mercy,” “Sleep Without You,” “Like I Loved You” and “Here Tonight.”

Excitement about “THE CHAPTERS TOUR” is brewing, from Young himself as well as fans.

“I’m so excited about THE CHAPTERS TOUR for so many reasons,” Young shared. “Being in a position to continue to headline even bigger shows is an honor and humbling, and I can’t wait to show our fans what we’ve been working on for them. They’re definitely in for some surprises!”

Taylor Schley, UT freshman studying human resource management, is a verifiable fan of Young and is excited for tomorrow’s concert.

“I've had the opportunity to see Brett Young in concert twice prior to tomorrow's performance,” said Schley. “I cannot wait for tomorrow's show as his ability to entertain and his newest releases only continue to improve.”

Young’s successes do not only lie in the music industry, however. The platinum-selling singer has also collaborated with Kohl’s and Levi’s in the past, with the “Caliville” collection.

“I’m so excited to partner with Kohl’s and Levi’s,” said Young. “This collaboration is a no-brainer for me since I’ve worn Levi’s for as long as I can remember and basically live in them whether I’m touring or at home.”

Young’s “Caliville” line can be found in Kohl’s stores, as well as online here. Tickets for the Knoxville, Tennessee show can be purchased online here as well, as well as for Little Rock, Arkansas, Chattanooga, Tennessee, Atlanta, Georgia and Charlottesville, Virginia shows.