Pumpkin pie

Whether you and your friends are having a Friendsgiving coming up or you’re simply looking for some new recipes to try, this is the article for you.

Pumpkin Pie

This would not be a Thanksgiving recipe article without pumpkin pie. Buying one from the store is just not the same as making it yourself, and this one is a simple recipe that anyone can make, whether in a small on-campus dorm kitchen or at home.

With so few ingredients, a short prep and cook time and legitimately named “Simple Pumpkin Pie Recipe,” this recipe from All Recipes really is easy as pie.

You’ll need two eggs, one can of pumpkin puree, one can of sweetened condensed milk, one teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice and one 9-inch unbaked pie crust.

To bake, preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and combine ingredients into a large bowl and mix until combined. Fit your pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish and pour your mixture in. Then, bake your pie in the oven for 15 minutes. After that, reduce the heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake until filling is set, so about 35 to 40 minutes.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/229932/simple-pumpkin-pie/

Pasta Salad

Although this one may seem a bit strange for Thanksgiving, it is incredibly easy since no baking is required. For college students, sometimes the less actual cooking involved in a meal, the better.

The total time for this one is only about 20 minutes, so it is super quick and easy to make with some fun fall-themed ingredients for a Thanksgiving twist on the classic side dish.

Thanks to Garden in the Kitchen, here is the “fall harvest pasta salad” recipe.

You’ll need one pack of fall-themed pasta or any pasta of your choice, one whole pear, one whole honey crisp apple, three quarter cup dried cranberries, one half cup pumpkin seeds and one half cup feta cheese.

For the dressing, you’ll also need one third cup olive oil, two tablespoons apple cider vinegar, one tablespoon honey, one tablespoon poppy seeds and one pinch salt and pepper to taste.

To make it, cook the pasta and then rinse with cold water when done. While it’s cooking, wash and slice your apple and pear with a sharp knife and set them aside. Add your dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine, setting it aside as well.

When you’re ready to put it all together, add all of your ingredients to a large bowl and toss. Top it with feta cheese and it’s ready to be served.

https://gardeninthekitchen.com/pasta-salad/

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

If these cookies are wrong to consider a Thanksgiving dessert, then I don’t want to be right. For some reason, it seems like at every family Thanksgiving gathering someone makes a batch of these, and I never leave without having eaten at least two … or five.

Again, there are not many ingredients for this Betty Crocker recipe and it is incredibly easy to make – which is always a plus.

For these cookies you’ll need one and a half cups packed brown sugar, one softened cup butter, one teaspoon vanilla, one egg, two cups quick-cooking oats, one and a half cups all-purpose or unbleached flour, one teaspoon baking soda, one quarter teaspoon salt, one cup semisweet chocolate chips and, if you’re feeling a little crazy, one cup of chopped nuts.

Simply heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grab a large bowl to stir your brown sugar and butter until it’s blended. Stir in the vanilla and egg until it’s nice and fluffy, then stir in the rest of your ingredients. Place the dough into spoonfuls on to a non-greased cookie sheet. Finally, bake 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown, and then they’re ready to go.

https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies/48acadc3-f7e1-46b5-bb33-33bee95f6cf7

Now, you’re ready to head out there and make some yummy desserts and pasta salad. Surprise your loved ones with your skills and enjoy your holiday.