Sprite and Coca Cola Holiday Flavors

The Coca-Cola Company introduced two new flavors this 2019 holiday season including Coca-Cola Cinnamon and Sprite Winter Spiced Cranberry.

The holidays are coming near — you know what that means! It’s time for limited edition items from your favorite brands (and spending time with family, I guess.)

Let’s see how the two new flavors, Coca-Cola Cinnamon and Sprite Winter Spiced Cranberry, perform in this time of cheer and freezing temperatures.

The presentation of both cans are quite nice. The Cinnamon can has a simple, muted design that just looks clean. The Sprite can looks as if it were a wrapped gift that was torn open by an excited toddler, and I find it more endearing than I probably should. When it comes to the presentation, they both are very well designed.

When I first opened the can of Coca-Cola Cinnamon, I was immediately struck by a very soft yet distinct cinnamon smell that was mixed with the usual sweet smell of Coke. When I tasted it, I was genuinely surprised.

While the usual taste of Coke was accompanied by some tingling sensation and the subtle taste of cinnamon, I honestly was expecting something with more of a kick to it. The only time I could even distinctly taste and identify the cinnamon was in the aftertaste, which was surprisingly pleasant.

The subdued and subtle variation on the classic formula won me over by the second sip, as it had a nostalgic, relaxing quality that I normally reserve for tea. If you have the means, I would highly recommend this soda.

The recipe for Winter Spiced Cranberry was apparently heavily influenced by consumer input, so I took my first sip with high expectations. Well, high expectations of “probably decent.”

Let me preface what I am about to write with this: I have a massive sweet tooth, I mix tea and make cakes sweet enough to make my friends cry, gag and curse my name.

I took one sip of this soda and was hit with three distinct tastes: a sweeter version of Sprite, Grenadine and Children’s Motrin. It was an unholy amalgamation of three far too sweet flavors that mixed as well as ketchup, corn flakes and green tea ice cream — terribly.

It was thick like syrup and left a bit of a film on my tongue that just made me say “Why?” I personally wouldn’t recommend this to anyone who doesn’t have the highest sugar tolerance.

Overall, we had a clear hit and miss with these flavors but each of the mini cans was less than 100 calories, so I can’t really complain. If you want to check out these flavors, look at your local grocery store before the end of the holiday season.