Spring is right around the corner, which means spring fashion additions are about to become a staple in any fashionable wardrobe. Here are some thrifty shops around Knoxville where you can find fashionable, trendy clothing on a college student’s budget, as well as find some interesting vintage trinkets and potentially even benefit the community with the profits. Many of the locations listed below also take donations, so if you are trying to clear out your wardrobe, you could consider donating to those in need.

Goodwill - 713 S 17th Street

Located practically on campus, right across the street from Panda/Canes, this Goodwill location is an easy stop for anyone who wants to casually drop by a shop. Although much smaller than most Goodwill locations, this store still offers plenty of vintage UT attire, as well as more current clothing. Goodwill is a non-profit that provides job training, employment placement services and other community-based programs for those who have trouble sustaining work for any variety of reasons.

Ladies of Charity - 120 W Baxter Avenue

Ladies of Charity is one of the most altruistic stores around Knoxville. Their mission is to provide emergency assistance to those in need; they offer many services, like food assistance, rent and utility assistance, medicine assistance and much more. Many of their profits come from donations and their sales from their thrift store, which still offers clothing at a great price. This is a great way to find something new and know that the profits will be going to those in need.

POP Weasel Thrift Store - 611 N Gay Street

Pop Weasel is one of the more eclectic stores on the list. Their products range from Victorian goth-era inspired products to furniture items from the mid-century. Many of their products are eccentric trinkets and such with so much character to them. Items like old merchandise from the 1982 World’s Fair and vintage collectible UT products line the walls of the place. They offer a large selection of old, intricate home furnishings and decor. Additionally, they have a selection of interesting vintage clothing for additions to a wardrobe.

Plato’s Closet - 8078 Kingston Pike

At Plato’s Closet, a wide range of name-brand clothing are displayed for selection to anyone on a low budget; they offer up to seventy percent off retail prices. Additionally, the store will take gently-used clothing from retail name brands and buy it from you for in-store credit or cash. The store is colorful, carefully organized and offers great clothing for a great price.

AMVETS Thrift Store - 109 N Seven Oaks Drive

AMVETS is a volunteer-led organization formed by veterans of the United States military. It advocates for its members, as well as causes they deem helpful. They advocate for improvements in health care and benefits that affect veterans, those currently serving and their families. Their store offers many products at a low price, and the profits help to fund their missions. This location in particular is huge, so anyone shopping there is bound to find something they love.