Here in Knoxville, locals and UT students have the chance for many different experiences, from the bustling cityscape to the rural outskirts to the east. Not everyone has had the experience of a local county fair, but now is their chance.

The Sevier County Fair is open Tuesday, August 27 through Monday, September 2. These dates will be filled with interactive events, contests, lively entertainment and many more activities to partake in.

The fair will begin Tuesday and Wednesday from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., Thursday from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. and the final dates are Sunday and Monday from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.

The fair features rows and rows of rides, games and an indoor exhibit hall that houses all the farm fresh crops and crafts from the contest exhibits. Additionally, food trucks and concession stands are located near the local musical entertainment.

“Our theme this year is AGsperience: a look back in time,” fairground director Cyndie Wolford said. “Be sure to look at the ‘Fairs Gone By Wall’ in the exhibit hall. You might even spot yourself in a picture!”

The fairgrounds will operate rain or shine thanks to the tent-covered booths and persistent vendors. It costs adults $6 and children ten and under are free. Rides cost extra, however, wristbands are sold for unlimited rides at an additional $20 regardless of age.

Abigail Hurst is a member of the Sevier County Fair Youth Board who helps with advertising, decorating and promoting the fair.

“We all work extra hard to ensure that your fair experience is one to remember,” Hurst said.

Besides the exhilarating rides, family friendly events are available as well. There will be ice cream, spaghetti, steak, donut and pizza eating contests; bubble gum blowing contests; turtle races and even a youth talent show. Additionally, there will be a Dolly Parton look-alike competition, lawnmower demolition derby, cosplay contest and the fairest of the fair competition.

For the more athletic fairgoer, a Tennessee state cornhole tournament will take place during the course of the fair.

A children’s corral is available for younger attendees who still want to participate in the festival events. Photo opportunities are available all over the fairgrounds, allowing for the perfect Instagram moment.

For those simply wanting to observe and not partake, then the fair also provides shows for entertainment. KFW Wrestling is a crowd-pleaser every year, as well as the annual dog show on Saturday morning.

This year it will be a puppy fashion show. Pooches will wear their best attire and costumes, while their owners will demonstrate how well their dog behaves. There will also be an open mic night for those brave enough to get in front of the audience and sing their heart out.

For the livestock lovers, poultry, sheep, cattle and goat shows will be open throughout the week displaying Sevier County’s most magnificent prizewinning livestock. The exhibit hall houses entries from people all over Sevier County in different category departments such as photography, canning, vegetables, crafts, Girl Scouts, 4-H, FFA and many more.

Some local shops will be selling wares in the Cattle Barn. From art and pottery to fashion and jewelry, the goods are up for purchase to support local businesses.

Most people know of the Tennessee Valley Fair, but for those looking for a fair with a more small town harvest festival vibe, then the Sevier County Fair is a great fit.

For more information, please visit https://www.seviercountyfair.org/.