Three Bears Coffee

Three Bears Coffee brings their wagon to the Market Square Farmers' Market. 

Knoxville’s summer months buzz with energy, and June is no exception. For Knoxville natives or those visiting the city, the month is filled with a wide range of activities that are sure to keep you on your toes with excitement and entertainment.

Music

Concerts on the Square: Recurring weekly every Thursday until June 27, Market Square is turned into a concert venue. From 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., concertgoers can get a taste of a wide range of music genres from blues and soft rock to country. The concerts are free and sponsored by First Century Bank and the City of Knoxville.

Jazz Tuesday’s will also be held at Market Square from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Concertgoers can enjoy jazz music each week during the month of June.

American Idol Finalist Appearance: Cade Foehner, a 22-year-old from Texas known for his blues rock and country, gained national attention when he finished in the top 5 on the 16th season of ABC’s American Idol. Foehner will perform in Knoxville on June 12, at 8 p.m. at Open Chord Music.

Recreational activities

Sunset City Lights Paddle: Paddle the Tennessee River at sunset every Saturday through the month of June and beyond. Through Billy Lush Boards and Brew, participants can rent kayaks, paddle boards and more, with LED lights provided. Due to limited space, those wanting to participate need to book a spot in advance.

USA Cycling National Championships: Arguably one of Knoxville’s biggest summer events is the USA Cycling National Championships. Starting June 27 downtown, attendees can watch the best cyclists in the country compete at the highest stage, free of cost. Both men and women will be competing in the Road Race, Para-Cycling, and Time Trail.

Navitat Knoxville: Navitat Knoxville is open all summer, but the month of June is sure to provide excellent weather to better the experience. Open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., the Navitat Knoxville Ijams Canopy Experience takes participants zip-lining through the adventure park’s treetops. In addition to zip lines, the park also has bridges, balancing challenges and climbing nets.

Continued entertainment

Catch a Tennessee Smokies Game: The Tennessee Smokies have a full schedule in June. From June 7 to June 11, the Smokies will play at home against the Chattanooga Lookouts. Each game starts at 7 p.m. and include postgame firework shows and concerts, as well as dog days where you can bring your favorite pooch to the ballpark.

Market Square Farmers Market: Most Knoxville natives are very familiar with Market Square’s Farmers’ Market, an event free to the public. Held on Wednesday’s from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and on Saturday’s from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., those in attendance can enjoy the many vendors of East Tennessee and shop for a variety of items.

Knoxville Scavenger Hunt: Knoxville’s Perfect Blend: This Knoxville scavenger hunt is app-lead and therefore available at any point in June when you and your group members are ready to explore. With over 20 challenges in a two hour time period, this scavenger hunt will take you all over Knoxville as you learn more about the city and its historic past. The starting location is Vine Avenue.