CMA Fest: Day 4

A view of the crowd for the final night of CMA Fest on Sunday, June 9. 

At the beginning of June, the 48th annual CMA Fest took over the streets of downtown Nashville for four days as country music fans and stars came together for countless memories.

Now, country music fans who couldn’t attend and the rest of the world can get a front row seat as CMA Fest brings today’s top hits to the stage for one night on Sunday, August 4 starting at 8 p.m. EST on the ABC Television Network.

With 30 different songs from performers like Brothers Osbourne, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban and Luke Bryan the stage will be alive on television.

In a news release from the CMA Foundation, the list of stars and which songs they would be performing was announced for fans to prepare themselves for what to look forward to.

“For the 16th consecutive year, the primetime concert special, hosted by Thomas Rhett and Kelsea Ballerini with special guest host Bobby Bones, brings County Music’s Ultimate Fan Experience to a national television audience,” the news release said.

Rhett is returning for to host “CMA Fest” for the fourth year, while Ballerini returns for a third year. Special Guest Host Bones will be hosting for the first time this year.

In honor of this special night event, here’s a list of a few things to look forward to for “CMA Fest” the Music Event of the Summer.

Chemistry on stage: How the hosts make you a part of the show

With Rhett and Ballerini as veterans of hosting CMA Fest at this point, their fun, light hearted interactions help the show move along and get the audience engaged as to who is up next.

With the addition of Bones to the hosting gig, the night not only consists of music that’s sure to get you dancing along in the living room, but also keeps the mood upbeat as you are inserted right there onsite into the country scene.

Never-before-seen collaborations on the CMA Fest stage

One of the special parts of country music is the great ties in the community and how everyone works together. Being at CMA Fest in June, the live performances brought out surprise guests. But, for those watching the TV special, the line up gives away the surprise, but not the excitement of seeing stars pair up for certain songs.

Here are the pairs to keep an eye out for during the show:

• Kelsea Ballerini and The Chainsmokers – “This Feeling”
  • Brothers Osborne and Brooks & Dunn– “Hard Workin’ Man”
  • Brothers Osborne with Brooks & Dunn and Ashley McBryde – “You’re Gonna Miss Me When I’m Gone”
  • Brantley Gilbert and Lindsay Ell – “What Happens In A Small Town”
  • Lil Nas X with Billy Ray Cyrus and Keith Urban – “Old Town Road”
  • Tim McGraw and Luke Combs – “Real Good Man”
  • Maren Morris and Brandi Carlile – “Common”
  • Carrie Underwood and Joan Jett – Medley of “I Hate Myself for Loving You,” “Bad Reputation,” Crimson and Clover,” “Fresh Start” and “I Love Rock ‘N’ Roll”

Get ready to feel the energy flow into your living room

The stars did not hold back during any of their performances and it will surely show during the special. So, turn off the lights, turn up the volume and get ready to dance and sing along to some of your favorite country summer hits in the comfort of your living room.

See the performance from different angles

With cameras flying through the air in Nissan Stadium, not only will fans sitting at home get front row views of the singers on stage, but also see the size of the crowd as cameras zoom in and out during sets.