Walmart

Black Friday shopping is a unique day of the year which can be extremely rewarding or very stressful. 

Black Friday marks the beginning of the most stressful and busiest time of the year, at least for retailers and shop owners. But for consumers, it can be one of the most rewarding days of the year. Televisions and big market items offered for sometimes ridiculously low prices, only at the expense of one night’s sanity. Here’s a quick guide on how to not go crazy during this year’s Black Friday.

Prepare a game plan

Black Friday shopping is like war: if you go in unprepared, you’ll lose the fight. So look at all the deals available before you go. Write a list of things you want, and make sure you have the money to get it. Some items go on sale at specific times, so be sure to keep that in mind when planning. Some stores like Walmart will have maps online showing where the lines for the items will be located within the store. That way you don’t have to waste time wandering around the store looking for your items.

Get ready to wait

The goal is to get to the store and secure a place in line early. Be sure to bring some stuff to occupy your time while you’re waiting, like a game, snacks, headphones and an extra phone battery. Think of it like going to an evacuation shelter, you’ll be there for a long time, so don’t go crazy. Just chill until it’s time for your deals. If you’re the type of person who finds comfort anywhere, you might be able to take a nap.

Be early

This goes hand in hand with the last one but get there as early as you can. Black Friday starts earlier every year, and most sales start at 6 p.m. this year. Each major retailer has their hours on their websites, so be sure to double check when each deal starts.

Get in, wait, get out

Leave as fast as you can! Once you get your big items, make a beeline to the register and try not to get distracted in the madness. Lines will only get longer and longer as the night goes on, so if you want any other stuff, grab them before getting your big item.

Bring friends

After your friends are done with their family time, carpool to the place with your favorite deals. This will save everyone gas money and there’s safety in numbers! If you all want similar things, take turns waiting in line! One person can grab things that don’t require a wait and another can bring food or water!

Prepare for Cyber Monday

If there’s nothing you want on Friday or you just don’t want to go through the lines, wait for Cyber Monday. It’s basically the same as Black Friday, except it’s all online. The deals usually aren’t as great, but you can still find some pretty good stuff!