After a spell of record-breaking heat and dryness, we’re almost to autumn; the season officially starts on Sept. 23. It remains to be seen whether it’ll actually feel like fall, but at least there’s plenty of fall events around the corner.

Movies at Market Square – Every Friday from Sept. 13 to Oct. 18

Every year, the Knox County Public Library takes advantage of the cooler nights and projects a series of movies onto a giant screen at Market Square. Every showing starts as soon as the sun goes down. The remaining movies are “Pirates of the Caribbean” (Sept. 20), “Jaws” (Sept. 27), “Toy Story” (Oct. 4), “Guardians of the Galaxy 2” (Oct. 11) and “Beetlejuice” (Oct. 18).

IndiaFest – Sept. 21

From 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., World’s Fair Park will be full of food, dancing, music, cultural information, and all sorts of activities for IndiaFest. The event is free, and you’ll be able to purchase tickets to exchange for food and drinks. Scheduled events start at 11:15 a.m. with “Yoga for Lower Back Pain.” There will be an opening ceremony at 11:30 a.m., a fashion showcase at 1:30 p.m., a dance showcase at 2:30 p.m. and a flash mob at 3:30 p.m.

2019 HoLa Festival – Sept. 28

Starting at 7 p.m. on Sept. 28, Market Square will host HoLa Festival, a Latinx cultural showcase. The event will run in two blocks: Sept 28 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. and Sept 29 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The festival is the flagship event of Knoxville’s Hola Hora Latina. Started in 1992, it’s the oldest grassroots Latinx organization in East Tennessee.

Knoxville Oktoberfest – Sept. 28

In the historic Old City part of downtown Knoxville, vendors will sell German food, beer and music. You’ll have the opportunity to buy anything from beer to pretzels to wurst from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Monsters at the Museum – Oct. 19

East Tennessee is home to rich storytelling traditions – including some truly monstrous legends. The East Tennessee History Museum on Gay Street is planning a haunting event to highlight these stories. There will be Halloween games, crafts, storytelling, and even a costume contest. But don’t worry – the event will be in the light of day at 11 a.m.

Veteran’s Day Parade – Nov. 11

Don’t plan to drive on Gay Street on Nov. 11. From 10:45 a.m. to noon, Knoxville will celebrate its veterans with a free-to-watch parade.

Celebration of Lights – Nov. 29

At the very end of fall, this display will help Knoxville transition into winter. It takes over almost all of the downtown area from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. – Krutch Park, Gay Street, and Market Square. Organizers promise live music, caroling, hot cocoa, and the lighting of Knoxville’s 24-foot Christmas tree.