Parent's Weekend 2019
A tailgate celebration as a part of Family Weekend was held Friday afternoon from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. in Circle Park for students and their families to pick up swag bags, meet different student organizations and enjoy the afternoon with activities and food.

Fall Family Weekend, hosted by New Student & Family Programs, kicks off Friday, with plenty of events for visiting families as both a part of and separate from the annual event.

Friday, September 13

Families are welcome at Circle Park for check-in Friday afternoon. Visitors will pick up Family Weekend registration materials, favors, name-tags and football game tickets with a valid photo I.D. Check-in starts at 3 p.m. in Circle Park.

After checking in, families will be able to visit campus partner representatives while participating in various activities including Scarves By You and previewing the silent auction. Check-in and the kick-off event will end at 7 p.m.

Tony Award-winning musical “Million Dollar Quartet” will show at the Clarence Brown Theatre main stage at 7:30 p.m. The play is set in 1956, showcasing an impromptu jam session at the Sun Record Studios with Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins and Johnny Cash.

Saturday, September 14

Family Weekend Tailgate will start game-day on Saturday, with a tailgate and brunch in Circle Park. Food, fun and games will be provided from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. During the tailgate, families can support the Parents & Families Fund during a silent auction. Auction items are compiled and donated by Parents Association members and local businesses. Scarves by You will also be on site for the tailgate.

The Vol Walk will start at 9:45 a.m. as the football team and its coaches and staff walk to Neyland Stadium down Volunteer Boulevard and Peyton Manning Pass. Families are encouraged to watch from the Torchbearer Plaza in Circle Park.

Toyota Volunteer Village will host pregame festivities for fans of all ages starting three and a half hours before kick-off. The large tailgate features appearances by Smokey, Junior Smokey, cheerleaders and the dance team. Find the tailgate in the Humanities Plaza.

At 10:20 p.m., the Pride of the Southland Marching Band will march to Neyland Stadium. The band marches up Volunteer Boulevard, crossing the Pedestrian Bridge by the Student Union before turning onto Middle Drive and onto Phillip Fulmer Way. Once on Phillip Fulmer, the band performs their “Salute (to) the Hill” before marching into Gate 21.

The Office of Sustainability will be on site to help make game day zero waste. Tailgate Team members will hand out recycling bags and game day pins to tailgaters. Stadium & Campus Sweep members will assist office staff with picking up bags and stray recyclables around the stadium. Those interested in volunteering can contact the Office of Sustainability.

Friday, September 13 - Sunday, September 15

Families coming into Knoxville can also enjoy getting to know downtown Knoxville and enjoy the 2019 Knoxville Film Festival at Regal Downtown West Cinema 8. The festival supports local filmmakers and provides a chance for cinema lovers to come together to support local cinematographers.

Festival passes are $50, for students the price is $30, however individual film block passes cost $10. With a variety of movies from narrative features to narrative shorts to documentaries, there is something for everyone.