Move-in Week

Students move into North Carrick Hall. 

The official move-in day for on campus residence halls is Saturday, meaning hundreds of new and returning students will be moving into buildings across campus.

Here’s all you need to know about move-in week.

Where to park for move-in

UT Police Department officers and staff will be on campus Saturday, helping direct traffic to make for the most efficient move-in day.

The university asks vehicles approach residence halls following the directions in the Volunteer Life app; the app will direct students and their families to the closest available N Lot. Staff Lots are not available to park in during move-in.

“Lines of vehicles will likely exist close to the residence halls, and our driving directions will ensure that you are in the best position possible for a smooth Move-in Day,” University Housing said in an update on their website.

Not all students move in Saturday

Students participating in special academic activities will move in early, some of which have already arrived on Rocky Top. Be prepared for on-campus amenities to start to become busier as more waves of students arrive.

On Sunday, Summer School, Band Camp, Math Camp and the Engineering Summer Bridge Program moved in and on Monday, Ignite Serves and Ignite Knoxville students moved in.

Wednesday, upper-level students and sorority recruitment participants will be allowed to move in starting at 9 a.m., and fraternity recruitment participants can move in at 2 p.m. In Thursday, Ignite Summit Session 2 will begin at 9 a.m. and Engage and Pulse Living & Learning Communities can move in at varying times based on community.

Brown and Dogwood Honors & Scholars Living & Learning Communities will move in Friday, along with Crescendo, Bridge, Discovery, UT LEAD, Venture, Leadership &Service, Pre-Med, Vibe, Herbert Life, MMP Connect, Air Force ROTC, and Design Living & Learning Communities.

Opening day for all students will start at 8 a.m. on Saturday.

Most dining locations remain closed for move-in week

All cafeterias, except for Mabel’s on the Ag Campus, will remain closed. Mabel’s will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.

The POD markets at Stokely Hall, Hodges, Vol Hall and on the Ag Campus will be open all week. Stokely will be open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Hodges from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Vol Hall from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; and Ag Campus from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Hess, PCB, and Laurel POD markets will be closed for most of the week, opening as students move in. PCB will remain closed until Wednesday and will be open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for the remainder of the week. Hess will open Friday with hours of 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Laurel will open Saturday with hours of noon to midnight.

Those craving Chick-fil-a won’t have to go far. The Student Union location will open from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Saturday, just as it has during the summer, and open from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday. The PCB location will open Wednesday, 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. until Friday and 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday.

Other Student Union dining locations will be open:

Panda Express:

11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday

10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday

10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday

Qdoba:

Closed Monday through Friday

10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday

10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday

Subway:

Closed Monday through Saturday

10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday

Rising Roll:

7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. Monday through Friday

Closed Saturday and Sunday

Steak ‘n’ Shake:

11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday

11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday

Starbucks:

Closed Monday through Wednesday

7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday and Friday

Closed Saturday and Sunday

Panda Express and Raising Cane will be open at the Cumberland Avenue dining location. Raising Cane will be open all week 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday, and both restaurants will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.

Fred Brown Hall will have one open dining option; Subway will be open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and 10:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday and Twisted Taco will remain closed.

Thompson-Boling Arena will be open as usual, hosting the cafe, Whichwich and Bento Sushi. The Arena Café will be open for breakfast from 7 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and for lunch 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Whichwich and Bento Sushi will be open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Those looking for a pickup can find it at Einstein’s and Starbucks across campus. Einstein’s will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Haslam College of Business Monday through Friday and the Hodges’ Library Starbucks will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

The following locations will be closed the entire week:

Art + Architecture: Einstein’s

Clement Hall: POD

College of Law Building: Sidebar Café

Fred Brown: Twisted Taco

Greve: POD

Hess Hall: Dippers

HSS: POD

Ken and Blaire Mossman: Einstein’s

Stokely: Starbucks

Student Union: Salad Creations

TRECS: Jamba Juice

Vol Hall: Quiznos, Dunkin’ Donuts