Volapalooza

Volapalooza will take place in the courtyard of the Student Union starting at 6 p.m. on UT’s last day of classes for the school year, April 26.

It's the last week of class! Cap it off with the last full week of events for the spring semester 2019.

Monday

Student Alumni Associates and the Alumni Office will pass out donuts to commemorate the last week of class starting at 9 a.m. on Ped Walkway. Donuts will be offered until they're gone. Rides to class will also be offered in the “I Heart UT Class Cab,” with an opportunity to answer trivia questions and win prizes. Rides are offered from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

The Black Cultural Programming Committee will end the semester with food, fun and games in the HSS Amphitheater from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

The Office of the Dean of Students and the Office of the Provost will host hotdogs and conversations in conjunction with “I Heart UT Week” from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. at the Whirlwind of Opportunity. Students can eat hotdogs while connecting with various college deans.

The Office of Sustainability's Regrowth Garden Workshop will explore the foods that can be regrown from scraps and how to prepare them. The workshop starts at the Grow Lab at 1 p.m.

Pi Sigma Alpha will host an Earth Day of Service on the Neyland Greenway from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Those wishing to help cleanup the Neyland Greenway should meet at 5 p.m. in Tyson Park.

NPR science correspondent Joe Palca will share stories of his career and background in “An evening with Joe Palca, NPR Science Correspondent. Palca's lecture will start at 7 p.m. in room 102 of the Ken and Blaire Mossman Building and is free to the public.

Tuesday

As a continuation of “I Heart UT” Week, students can write thank you notes to faculty and staff members at 10 a.m. on Ped Walkway. Student donors can also stop by the Office of Alumni Affairs in the Student Union for free food and giveaways, and students can also make gifts during the event from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Tennessee baseball will face Gardner-Webb at Lindsey Nelson Stadium at 6 p.m.

Multicultural Student Life will host a Multicultural Graduation Celebration for spring, summer and fall 2019 graduates, and students who have shown academic excellence. The celebration and recognition ceremony starts at 6 p.m. in the Student Union Auditorium.

Rapper, writer and theater performer Baba Brinkman will share his Rap Guide to Culture at 7:30 p.m. in Student Union room 272 B/C.

Wednesday

UT community members are encouraged to wear jeans in support of sexual assault survivors. From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., the Center for Health Education and Wellness and the Office of Title IX will host a table on Ped Walkway for community members to write messages of support for survivors.

Game night complete with video games, puzzles, board and card games, and virtual reality will start at 6 p.m. in Hodges Library room 209. Students, faculty and staff are invited to drop in until 11 p.m.

Clarence Brown Theatre's “The Madwoman of Chaillot” opens at 7:30 p.m. The show features a corrupt group of oil men who want to drill under the streets of Paris, but Countess Aurelia and her followers won't allow it. Showings will continue until May 12.

Thursday

“I Heart UT” Week continues with an informational booth on Ped Walkway from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. with a chance to learn how to “Be Proud. Be Involved. Be Invested.” There's also a chance to win a fanny pack. Class of 2019 seniors can also stop by the Tyson Alumni Center for food, free alumni t-shirts and a chance to win more alumni swag. The senior social starts at 1 p.m.

University of Maryland distinguished professor Michele Gelfand will discuss her book, “Rule Makers, Rule Breakers: How Tight and Loose Cultures Wire Our World.” A book signing will follow her lecture, which starts at 3:30 p.m. in Strong Hall room 101.

Senator Bob Corker will speak at the Howard Baker Center as a part of the Baker Distinguished Lecture Series. Corker's lecture will begin 4:30 p.m. in the Toyota Auditorium.

VolOpera will present Mozart's “Marriage of Figaro” with the Chamber Orchestra and Logan Campbell as conductor. The performance will start at 8 p.m. in the Sandra G. Powell Recital Hall of the Natalie Haslam Music Center.

Friday

Student Alumni Associates and the Office of Alumni Affairs will celebrate the last day of class with lunch. Stop by from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Ped Walkway for a free meal.

The Office of Sustainability will celebrate Arbor day to celebrate efforts to become Bee Campus certified. The ceremony will start at 12 p.m. with a pollinator planting event to follow. Faculty and students will share the importance of bees and pollinators in the community in the Fred Brown amphitheater.

UT's annual year-end concert, Volapalooza, will boast Andy Grammar and Bishop Briggs as headliners. Food, games and music will be offered from 6 p.m.to 11 p.m. in the Student Union Courtyard.