Big Orange Give

The Student Alumni Association will be hosting Big Orange Give on Wednesday, November 13, 2019 in hopes of raising $2.25 million in donations in 24 hours from the UT community.

Throughout this entire week, the Student Alumni Association (SAA) has been celebrating alumni and other university donors. The festivities have been leading up to the week’s main event: Big Orange Give.

Big Orange Give will be taking place all day Wednesday, and the event is essentially a fundraiser for UT during which alumni and donors are encourage to support the university. UT has a goal of raising $2.25 million in donations in 24 hours in order to commemorate UT’s 225th anniversary this year. The donations raised during Big Orange Give go towards funds for student scholarships.

Donors can donate any amount they would like, and they can also specify if they would like their donation to benefit a particular college, area or other entity at UT.

Additionally, UT will be matching any donations that are made at 5 a.m. or 6 p.m. Eastern Time.

Thursday, SAA will be celebrating the donations raised during Big Orange Give by tabling on Pedestrian Walkway from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Students will have the chance to thank UT’s donors by signing thank you signs and filming thank you videos. Additionally, UT swag will be available for students who participate.

Last year, Big Orange Give raised a record $2.14 million in donations. That money was used to support 142 different scholarships for UT students.