Data Dashboard

The University of Tennessee System has announced the release of a new data dashboard for UT statistics, including information about ACT scores, weighted grade point averages, enrollment, retention numbers and more. The dashboard is now available online.

The dashboard is part of the UT System’s new initiative to move towards greater transparency regarding UT statistics. This initiative has been heavily pushed by Interim System President Randy Boyd. A year ago, Boyd established a Transparency Advisory Group to review the information about UT that has been most heavily requested by the public, the media and the government. The group compiled what they deemed to be the most important information about UT into the new database in order to more efficiently meet these requests.

Previously, the Transparency Advisory Group created a website to promote transparency regarding UT.

Boyd explained to UT System News that he hopes the new data dashboard will improve operations between UT and the public.

“Providing a dashboard that tracks our student data was the next logical step in our transparency initiative,” Boyd said. “We hope that the new data dashboard site, combined with the already-established transparency site, will send a clear message to our publics that we hear you and are committed to providing information about how our system operates, as well as data on our outcomes.”