Several Netflix originals have recently taken over social media. After countless posts, I decided to see if these films were worth the watch. Here’s a list of all the movies that just didn’t match the hype.

“To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before”

Laura Jean is obsessed with romance. Her urges are so intense that when she gets a crush so extreme, she writes a letter addressed to the boy she’s most recently infatuated with. After spending a Friday night with her little sister, Laura Jean’s sister, convinced that Laura Jean needs a boyfriend, sneaks into her closet and secretly mails the love letters. The remainder of the movie (or at least what I could bear to watch) follows Laura Jean’s feud with her best friend that involves pretending to date her ex-boyfriend and dealing with the release of the letters. The movie is based off a young adult romance novel of the same title, so the intended audience may be younger, but the film still featured a cheap storyline and was a botched attempt at a high school rom-com.

“Sierra Burgess is a Loser”

Starring “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before” dream boy Noah Centineo, “Sierra Burgess is a Loser” offers nothing beyond an overdone movie trope. The unpopular girl falls in love with the star football player storyline is cliche and something viewers have seen in other movies such as “A Cinderella Story.” However, it only plays out worse in this movie when Jamey (Noah Centineo) accidentally texts Sierra (Shannon Purser), believing that she is actually cheerleader/mean girl Veronica (Kristine Froseth). It’s hard to see how audiences haven’t pointed out the problematic plot of this teen comedy.

“The After Party”

The star-studded cast of “The After Party” couldn’t save this so-called comedy. The plot follows aspiring rapper “Oh” played by real-life rapper Kyle. When he finally gets his big break, he projectile vomits over the crowd during a concert including Wiz Khalifa whom he hoped would sign him to a record deal. Oh is convinced that his career is over before it even began, but his high schooler agent doesn’t give up. Oh is invited to an after party which is apparently Oh’s last chance to make a name for himself and regain his reputation. Despite the musician's success in real life, “The After Party” is a complete flop.

Honorable mention: “The Kissing Booth”

Longtime best friends Elle Evans (Joey King) and Lee Flynn (Joel Courtney) are left to figure out their friendship once Elle breaks one of their essential rules: relatives are totally off limits, especially Lee's older brother Noah. It’s just as bad as you might think. Despite the movie’s awkward storyline, many social media users continue to praise the film.