Fighting with My Family

“Fighting with My Family” tells the real-life story of WWE Superstar Paige.

This weekend brings a slew of films to theaters, from animated sequels to faith-based sports dramas. It also gives film fanatics the chance to catch up on the year’s biggest films before the Oscars on Sunday. Here are the films hitting the silver screen this weekend.

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

After a long, five-year wait, the conclusion to DreamWorks Animation’s almost decade-long series “How to Train Your Dragon” comes to theaters on Thursday. It has been a year after the events of the previous film, and Hiccup has built the Viking village of Berk into a dragon/Viking utopia. The influx of new dragons, however, has created an overpopulation problem on the island, leading Hiccup to begin to search for the “Hidden World” that dragons come from so that the village can move there. The journey will not be easy, though, as a skilled dragon hunter has his sights set on Berk. The film has an all-star cast featuring Jay Baruchel, America Ferrera, Gerald Butler, Jonah Hill, Kristen Wiig and David Tennant. For animation enthusiasts, this is the film to see.

You can read our review of the “How To Train Your Dragon” here.

Fighting with My Family

If you are a fan of wrestling, comedy or the WWE, this next movie is for you. “Fighting with My Family” tells the real-life story of WWE Superstar Paige. Paige, formerly known as Raya Bevis, was raised to love wrestling since birth. Raya and her brother Zak get the chance of a lifetime when they are selected to audition for the WWE. When Raya is the only one to make it in, however, she must learn to stand alone and find what she is fighting for. The film stars Florence Pugh, Jack Lowden, Nick Frost, Lena Headey and Dwayne Johnson. Hopefully, this movie will feature both action scenes and heartwarming moments.

Run the Race

Based on the life of popular football player Tim Tebow, “Run the Race” tells the story of two brothers, Zach and David, trying to find a way out of a small town. After their mother passes away and their father abandons them, Zach puts all of his emotions into football, becoming an all-star athlete. After Zach faces a potentially career-ending injury, he finds that his brother and his faith might be more important than he ever realized. The film stars Tanner Stine, Evan Hofer, Mykelti Williamson and Kristoffer Polaha. Fans of drama, sports and Christian films will not want to miss “Run the Race” during its limited run in theaters this weekend.

Oscar Nominated Films Returning to Theaters

The 2019 Academy Awards are this weekend. In preparation for this, many of the films nominated have made a return to theaters. The seven films nominated for best picture, “Blackkklansman”, “Bohemian Rhapsody”, “The Favourite”, “Green Book”, “Black Panther”, “A Star is Born” and “Vice” will all be returning to theaters for a limited time this weekend. If you missed any of these films when they were initially in theaters, now is the perfect time to catch them on the big screen before the awards on Sunday.